Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Weekend #2 - Patio

















The patio project took a major turn this weekend. We filled the mud pit with gravel, compacted it, layered it again, compacted it, leveled it, then compacted it once again. By now I was beat and my legs were tired. We started the day at about 9am and finished about 8pm. With Noah and Zach filling the wheelbarrow while I did the gravel leveling and compacting, we managed to to get the borders in and map the pavers. Unfortunately, I cannot load 3k pounds of pavers into the Tahoe, so I waited till Sunday morning to find the quarry and see if they could deliver. No such luck. I decided that my aching bones had enough for the day so we went to PDX for some fun on 23rd. I figured I'd run to Mutual Materials on Monday and buy the pavers at wholesale a lot cheaper anyway. Guess what? They cost more there. They do this on purpose to channel their retail sales through their retailers. Pretty smart I guess. In the end, I went to HD and laid down the cash for the stones and sand. They should be delivered this week, at least by Friday. I can probably get the thing done Saturday assuming we have good weather.

Tip of the Week: goto www.askamexican.net for some seriously excellent interracial education!

No comments: